Smile design or Smile makeover; It is a dental procedure that creates artistically smoother and symmetrical, whiter and natural looking smiles. It often includes cosmetic, dental and facial rejuvenation procedures depending on the wishes of the person. According to some, having Hollywood white teeth is sufficient, according to others; the necessary treatment may require gingiva and lip aesthetics.
How to Make a Smile Design?
The most important factor to consider when designing a smile is to determine and create the most beautiful smile that will suit the person.
That’s why smile design doctor; First of all, he asks the patients who apply to the clinic to bring their youth photographs and smile pictures they like. In addition, the patient’s expectations should be fully understood and carefully evaluated whether they can be realized.
Smile design therapy; It consists of two stages in which the smile is designed with digital planning and the clinical procedures and the necessary treatment are performed:
Stage 1: Digital Smile Design
Digital smile design; It is the visualization of the smile aesthetics, which are planned to be obtained before the treatment, with computer simulation. In order to plan the entire procedure from the very beginning, creating a plaster model that offers photography, archiving and 3-dimensional examination inside the mouth is the golden rule in the evaluation phase. For this reason, photographs of the patient are first taken and transferred to digital media.
However, a few photos are not always enough! Because smile; It is a dynamic and complex movement that is formed by the interaction of many muscles and produces different positions of the tooth and lip architecture. For this reason, your physician may also request a video recording.
The data transferred to the digital environment are processed using special smile design programs and the dentist; It arranges the shape, size, arrangement and colour of the teeth in computer environment based on the photographs and models obtained.
During the design, the patient is evaluated with the patient to discuss the appearance of the tooth shapes and positions and the effect they can have on his smile.
Through the program, the jaw midline line, teeth and pink aesthetic ratios, which we discuss in detail below, are evaluated one by one. When the patient comes to their next appointment; she gets the opportunity to see the image her smile will take after the procedure.
When you make your final decision on the design, the clinical application phase, which includes all the processes from the existing situation to the targeted image, starts.
Stage 2: Performing Clinical Treatments
Although these stages differ for each patient, the following procedures are performed in many applications:
• If there are teeth that need to be extracted, these teeth must be extracted first and surgical procedures must be completed.
• If orthodontic treatment is required to regulate crooked teeth, braces should be applied after extractions, as it will be a long-term treatment.
• If you want to have implants for missing teeth instead of bridges, the screws should be placed surgically at this stage.
• Caries on teeth; It is restored with an aesthetic filling and pink aesthetics is applied to adjust the gum levels.
• If a partial treatment is performed instead of all teeth, this is the best time for tooth whitening. In this way, before the prosthetic stage, the colour of the natural teeth is lightened and problems such as colour incompatibility are eliminated.
• In the last stage, zirconium crown and laminated tooth applications are made, which will provide the final appearance. In laminated and zirconium applications, there are intermediate rehearsal stages where you can find the opportunity to re-evaluate the smile. At these points, you can tell your physician if there are changes in the form and colour you want to make on your coatings.
• Smiling is an action formed by the combination of teeth and surrounding tissues. For this reason, you can make your new smile stand out more by having a medical aesthetic application such as Botox and dermal filling on your lips after your coatings are attached.
Who Can Apply Smile Design?
• People who want to look healthier and younger. A smile design can erase the years and make you look healthy.
• People who want to be more confident when they smile.
• People who care about how they look and laugh and therefore want to invest in oral and dental health.
• People who want to increase their career progression or chances of success. (It is a well-known fact that 74% of adults think that an improved smile will lead to a more successful career.)
• People who want to be noticed and look healthier.
• Anyone who wants to invest in dental health and their future in general.
Simple But Effective Methods for Smile Aesthetics
• You can easily correct your crooked teeth with traditional orthodontics or invisalign braces.
• For a faster solution, you can cover these teeth with full porcelain teeth. However, the only disadvantage you should not forget is that your teeth will be reshaped to a certain extent.
• Gaps caused by your missing teeth can cause serious aesthetic problems. You can easily close these gaps with implants or porcelain bridges.
• The spaces between your existing teeth (diastemas) change your smile from top to bottom. These gaps can be treated very simply with leaf porcelain or cosmetic bonding.
• If you think your gums are entering the laughing line and they look too much, you can correct them with a simple gum aesthetic treatment.
• If you complain that your teeth are too yellow or poorly coloured, you can achieve enchanting whiteness teeth by cleaning your gums and teeth whitening.