Invisalign is the “invisible” way to straighten teeth.
Forget the metal brackets or braces required for orthodontics! Instead, Invisalign uses a series of transparent, removable aligners to gradually fix your teeth.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is a treatment that ensures proper alignment of the teeth with 0.05 mm movement on each aligner.
Each aligner is used for 1-2 weeks and an average of 20-22 hours per day and the next aligner is used. As you change the aligner, so do your teeth.
- Invisible treatment: Invisalign aligners are almost invisible, so you can straighten your teeth without anyone noticing. They can also be taken out and put in, so you can eat and drink whatever you want.
- Easy to clean: Conventional metal braces can make it difficult to clean your teeth smoothly and comfortably using floss or toothbrushes. Failure to achieve full hygiene can result in stains on your teeth and possibly even decay.
Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can achieve oral hygiene in a much easier and practical way as if you are not having orthodontic treatment at all.
- Safer teeth: Removing conventional metal braces from the tooth surface can sometimes cause wear on the tooth surface. In invisalign treatment, this is not the case.
- Viewing the final treatment: It can allow you to see your own virtual treatment plan before starting treatment. So in the first session, you can see what your teeth will look like when the treatment is completed.
- Button showing enough time: Unlike other transparent aligners, it has a blue indicator placed inside the aligners. This blue indicator will change colour when you use your aligners for the appropriate time.
How do I start the Invisalign aligner treatment?
STEP 1: First of all, it is necessary to ensure your oral hygiene. If any, you must scale tartar and treat your caries. All your teeth and gums should be healthy.
STEP 2: Your intraoral and extra-oral photos are taken in the clinic.
STEP 3: Impression is taken from both upper and lower jaw according to the condition you will be treated.
STEP 4: Your measurements are scanned with 3D scanners and your oral image is transferred to computer.
STEP 5: The teeth that are transferred to the computer environment are produced in such a way that an aligner is pressed in each 0.05 mm movement.
STEP 6: To ensure the movement of the aligners, small composite buttons in tooth colour are placed by the orthodontist on the appropriate teeth. Aligners produced according to your treatment condition are delivered in 1-2 weeks under the control of your orthodontist.
Frequently asked questions for Invisalign:
How much does invisalign treatment cost?
Invisalign technology is one of the newest and most advanced technologies in orthodontics. Therefore, the price is more expensive than other metal brackets. Although it varies according to each case, it varies between 1.750€-3000€ on average.
- Should I take my Invisalign aligners out while eating?
When eating and drinking hot drinks, it is recommended that the aligner be taken out due to its thermoplastic properties.
- How should my Invisalign aligners be cleaned?
It is advised to clean it under warm water with a toothbrush in the every morning and evening.
- How often should my controls be during Invisalign treatment?
Depending on the condition of your case, it may be initially every 2 weeks, and then once a month according to the patient’s cooperation and intraoral status.
- Is Invisalign treatment painful?
At the beginning of each new phase of treatment you may experience temporary, minor discomfort for several days. This is normal and is described as a typical sense of pressure. This discomfort usually ends up after a few days.
- Do Invisalign aligners affect my speech?
Although there is no such complaint in most patients, aligners, like all orthodontic treatments, may temporarily affect some people’s speech and may be a slight lisping for a day or two.
- How many days does Invisalign aligners arrive?
Your aligners will be ready for processing between 3 weeks and 6 weeks after the clinical measurement taken.
- How long will treatment take?
The length of treatment depends on multiple factors, like how complex your case is and how often you wear your aligners. Your doctor will determine exactly how long your treatment will take based on your specific needs. There are 3 methods: express, lite and comprehensive. Invisalign Express offers between 5 and 10 aligner trays, which would add up to lasting around 3 to 6 months. It doesn’t last as long because there are less issues to correct. In Invisalign lite, you will have a max of 14 aligner trays, making your treatment significantly shorter. You’ll only have to wear them for around 6-7 months. During that time, you’ll still be able to eat and drink what you want because you can take the aligners out of your mouth. In comprehensive, Invisalign treatment time is 12 to 18 months, though you can start seeing results in a matter of weeks.